Wednesday 7 March 2012

On the Mend

So, I've finally broken off my rocky relationship with the Couch. Thats right people, my days of watching Friends reruns and bad talk shows are finally finished!

Or so I hope...

Tomorrow I'm heading in to see the doctor for some blood tests to see if my lymph nodes (at least I think that's what they're called) are back up. Cross your fingers guys!

Meanwhile, the lovely -15 degree weather of Newfoundland, along with that wonderful wind that comes to those of us so blesssed to live on the coast, isn't allowing me to venture outside much. But I fly out in a week so obviously I'm sucking it up and ignoring my great hate for the Treadmill.

Thats right, today I was lucky enough to spend a full hour with my frenemy, the Treadmill. Gotta love living in a small town- indoor tracks? Pffffffft who needs em? Yup, nothing beats being a serious athlete in a small town...

Sure would be nice to have a training partner or two though...

Oh the woes of the small town athlete! You big city runners are probably laughing at such a thing... Whatever, I know there's more of my kind hidden in the tiny towns all across the globe...

We should have some sort of alliance, right? Yeah we definately need to get working on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment